Local Communities Thrive Within Toronto
The Health Care Branch (HCB) was established in 2006 as a joint initiative between SOC and Healthcare Specific Interest Group (HSIG) to provide relevant networking and educational opportunities for Healthcare Profession through dissemination of PMI concepts & methods to local healthcare organizations in the Greater Toronto Area such as MOHLTC, hospitals, LHINs, and CCACs.
Healthcare Branch acts as a focal point and provides leadership for Healthcare Project Managers (PM) in the GTA to enable effective deployment of healthcare resources by advancing professional project management practices through PMI concepts & methods in the Greater Toronto Area.
Healthcare is the single largest budget item for every province in Canada according to a study provided in March 2017 by Frazer Institute
Ranging from 34.3 percent of total program spending in Quebec to 43.2 percent in Ontario in 2016
Between 2001 to 2016 healthcare spending grew by 116.4 percent, outpacing other program spending by 94.6 percent.
The projected growth is about 5.3 percent per annum on average between 2016 and 2031
An opportunity for PMI to support its healthcare community members by continuing with this branch and prepare them to meet the expectations of the above growth successfully
Strategies and Objectives
Healthcare branch intends to:
- Promote the health care Community within the members in PMI Toronto chapter and the GTA
- Determine the needs of our members and develop a forum to address these needs – knowledge sharing, networking, and skills development
- Connect with potential speakers on LinkedIn and through other networks
- Ensure the topics are related to project management in Healthcare
- Strengthen the volunteer recruiting process to ensure alignment with the Vision and Mission of the branch
For more information on the Healthcare Branch please contact us at email@example.com.